Senior Living in 15963 (Windber, PA)
- 15963 scores the same as the Windber, PA average of 75.
- 15963 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15963 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Windber Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Church of the Brethren Personal Care Suites, Golden LivingCenter - Richland, and Rosewood Personal Care Home.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Richland Greens Golf Center, Windber Country Club, and Northwinds Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Gallitzin State Forest and Johnstown Flood National Memorial).
- There are 50 churches nearby, including Berkey Church of the Brethren, Scalp Level Chr-the Brethren, and Ss Cyril & Methodius Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,386, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,421, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,366, which is in the top 56% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.13%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15963 has a sparse population density of 113.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.10%.