Senior Living in 16001 (Butler, PA)
- 16001 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Butler, PA.
- 16001 scores lower than the Butler, PA average of 77.
- 16001 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16001 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Butler Memorial Hospital, Butler Health System, and Veterans Affairs Med Center.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Concordia at The Orchard, Newhaven Court, and Lowrie Place.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 76 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Stoughton Acres Golf Course, Lake Arthur Country Club, and Aubrey\'s Dubbs Dred Golf Course, The.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Buttercup Woodlands Campground, Moraine Camplands, and Jennings Environmental Education Center.
- There are 31 churches nearby, including Miller George P, St Andrews Catechetical Ctr, and St Michael the Archangel Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.03% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,482, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,652, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,222, which is in the top 40% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.15%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16001 has an average population density of 549.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.46%.