Senior Living in 16002 (Butler, PA)
- 16002 has a SeniorScore® of 80, which is the highest of any zip code in Butler, PA.
- 16002 scores higher than the Butler, PA average of 77.
- 16002 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16002 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Butler Memorial Hospital, Butler Health System, and Veterans Affairs Med Center.
- There are 33 senior living facilities in the area, including Meadows Manor Personal Care Home, Sunnyview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Washington Manor Personal Care Home.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 93 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 72 golf courses nearby, including Butler Country Club, Conley Resort, and Hi Land Public Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Succop Nature Park and Buttercup Woodlands Campground).
- There are 51 churches nearby, including Calvary Baptist Church, St Wendelin Catholic Church, and Holy Sepulcher Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.03% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,889, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,705, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,682, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.85%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16002 has a sparse population density of 219.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.93%.