Senior Living in 16040 (Hilliards, PA)
- 16040 scores the same as the Hilliards, PA average of 70.
- 16040 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16040 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Transitions Healthcare Autumn Grove, Amity Slippery Rock Personal Care Home, and Quality Life Services at Chicora Medical Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including Foxburg Country Club, Valley View Golf Course, and St. Jude Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park at Kozy Rest, Gaslight Campgrounds, and Jennings Environmental Education Center.
- There are 23 churches nearby, including Anschutz Richard D, St Alphonsus Catholic Parish, and Concord Presbyterian Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.03% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,406, which is in the top 75% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,868, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,707, which is in the top 77% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.87%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16040 has a very sparse population density of 49.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.48%.