Senior Living in 16041 (Karns City, PA)
- 16041 scores the same as the Karns City, PA average of 76.
- 16041 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16041 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Quality Life Services at Chicora Medical Center, Allegheny Hills Retirment Residence, and Meadow Lake Manor-Sugar Creek.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including St. Jude Golf Club, Foxburg Country Club, and Stoughton Acres Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Brady\'s Bend and Gaslight Campgrounds).
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Church of God of Prophecy, Karns City United Methodist, and Highland Stephen M.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.03% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,451, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,125, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,951, which is in the top 52% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.46%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16041 has a very sparse population density of 67.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.81%.