Senior Living in 16046 (Mars, PA)
- 16046 scores the same as the Mars, PA average of 82.
- 16046 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16046 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St Francis Hospital Cranberry).
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including Penn Mar Plaza, Lutheran Senior Life, and St. John Specialty Care Center.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 100 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 78 golf courses nearby, including Venango Trail Golf Club, Cranberry Highlands Golf Course, and Rittswood Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Cranberry Township Community Park, Pittsburgh North Golf Course, and North Park.
- There are 48 churches nearby, including Woodland Valley Church, Mars Alliance Church, and St Kilian Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.03% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $125,073, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $90,170, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $48,443, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.24%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16046 has an average population density of 633.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.43%.