Senior Living in 16051 (Portersville, PA)
- 16051 scores the same as the Portersville, PA average of 88.
- 16051 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16051 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Ellwood City Hospital, St Francis Hosp Of New Castle, and Veterans Affairs Med Center.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in the area, including Duff Personal Care Home, Horizon House, and Vintage House Personal Care Hm.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 133 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 87 golf courses nearby, including Hartmann\'s Deep Valley Golf Course, Shamrock Public Golf Course, and Oakview Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including McConnells Mill State Park, Cheeseman Farm, and Crestfield Camp & Conference Center.
- There are 54 churches nearby, including Presbyterian Church, Emmanuel Lutheran Church, and Presbyterian Church-Prospect.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.03% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,797, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,128, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,821, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.05%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16051 has a very sparse population density of 78.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.17%.