Senior Living in 16056 (Saxonburg, PA)
- 16056 scores the same as the Saxonburg, PA average of 84.
- 16056 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16056 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Alle Kiski Medical Center).
- There are 47 senior living facilities in the area, including Saxony Health Center, Elmcroft, and Elmcroft of Saxonburg.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 35 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 76 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 82 golf courses nearby, including Rittswood Golf Club, Old Course at Saxon Golf Course, and Buffalo Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Mountain Top Campground, Succop Nature Park, and Pittsburgh North Golf Course.
- There are 56 churches nearby, including St Luke\'s Lutheran Church, Saxonburg Memorial United, and Glade Run United Presbyterian.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.03% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,682, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,960, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,907, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.50%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16056 has a sparse population density of 226.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.46%.