Senior Living in 16057 (Slippery Rock, PA)
- 16057 scores the same as the Slippery Rock, PA average of 70.
- 16057 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16057 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Grove City Medical Center).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Home 2 Me, Amity Slippery Rock Personal Care Home, and Transitions Healthcare Autumn Grove.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Oakview Golf Club, Shamrock Public Golf Course, and Green Meadows Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Crestfield Camp & Conference Center, The Birdwatchers Store, and Jennings Environmental Education Center.
- There are 27 churches nearby, including Zion Baptist Church, United Methodist Church, and Parish of St Peter.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.03% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,440, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,645, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,176, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.42%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16057 has a sparse population density of 159.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.10%.