Senior Living in 16101 (New Castle, PA)
- 16101 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in New Castle, PA.
- 16101 scores lower than the New Castle, PA average of 77.
- 16101 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16101 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including St Francis Hosp Of New Castle, Jameson Memorial Hospital, and Ellwood City Hospital.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Vintage House Personal Care Hm, Carriage Court, and Haven Convalescent Home Inc..
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Sylvan Heights Golf Course, New Castle Country Club, and Castle Hills Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Cascade Park, McConnells Mill State Park, and Cheeseman Farm.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Trinity Episcopal Church, Allegheny Wesleyan Methodist, and First Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,482, which is in the top 77% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,011, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,777, which is in the top 72% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.11%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16101 has a sparse population density of 477.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.00%.