Senior Living in 16112 (Bessemer, PA)
- 16112 scores the same as the Bessemer, PA average of 90.
- 16112 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16112 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (St Elizabeth Boardman Health Center and Surgical Hospital At Southwoods).
- There are 43 senior living facilities in the area, including Masternick Memorial Health Care Center, Hampton Woods , and The Blackburn Home.
- There are 15 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 40 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 136 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 77 golf courses nearby, including Mohawk Trails Golf Club, Reserve Run Golf Course, and Fonderlac Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Bob Cene Park, Boardman Park, and Cascade Park.
- There are 59 churches nearby, including Bethel Church of Brethren, Zion Lutheran Church, and St John Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,041, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,941, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,902, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.23%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16112 has a sparse population density of 233.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.27%.