Senior Living in 16116 (Edinburg, PA)
- 16116 scores the same as the Edinburg, PA average of 86.
- 16116 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16116 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Jameson Memorial Hospital and St Francis Hosp Of New Castle).
- There are 48 senior living facilities in the area, including Jameson Care Center, Silver Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Jameson Hospital Transitional Care Unit.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 35 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 99 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 81 golf courses nearby, including Mohawk Trails Golf Club, Clingan\'s Tanglewood Golf Course, and Rolling Hills Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Bob Cene Park and Cascade Park).
- There are 45 churches nearby, including St Rose of Lima Church, Our Lady of the Holy Rosary, and Fitch Owen D.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,824, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,192, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,976, which is in the top 58% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.45%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16116 has a sparse population density of 116.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.80%.