Senior Living in 16132 (Hillsville, PA)
- 16132 scores the same as the Hillsville, PA average of 83.
- 16132 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16132 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Jameson Memorial Hospital, St Elizabeth Boardman Health Center, and Surgical Hospital At Southwoods.
- There are 53 senior living facilities in the area, including Masternick Memorial Health Care Center, The Blackburn Home, and Silver Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 38 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 153 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 82 golf courses nearby, including Mohawk Trails Golf Club, Countryside Golf Course, and Steffens Bedford Trails Public Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Bob Cene Park, Boardman Park, and Cascade Park.
- There are 65 churches nearby, including Bethel Church of Brethren, Zion Lutheran Church, and Our Lady of the Holy Rosary.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $34,959, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $28,646, which is in the top 93% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $13,643, which is in the top 95% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.62%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 10% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16132 has a sparse population density of 200.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.12%.