Senior Living in 16134 (Jamestown, PA)
- 16134 scores the same as the Jamestown, PA average of 72.
- 16134 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16134 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Upmc Horizon).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including St Paul Homes, Saint Paul Homes, and Andover Village Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Pleasant Acres Golf Club, Walnut Creek Golf Club, and Hartstown Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Shangri-LA by the Lake Campgroud, Pymatuning Deer Park, and Pymatuning State Park.
- There are 24 churches nearby, including Jamestown Presbyterian Church, St Margarets Catholic Church, and Jamestown United Methodist Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.46% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,849, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,458, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,480, which is in the top 68% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.79%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16134 has a very sparse population density of 83.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.22%.