Senior Living in 16137 (Mercer, PA)
- 16137 scores the same as the Mercer, PA average of 71.
- 16137 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16137 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Grove City Medical Center).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Countryside Conval Home Ltd Pa, Avalon Springs Nursing Center, and Greystone Country Estates.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Mercer Public Golf Course, Spring Valley Golf Club, and Par 3 Course at Borland Golf Center.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Plantation Park, RV Village Camping Resort, and Rocky Springs Camp Ground.
- There are 35 churches nearby, including Calvary Fellowship Chapel, Fredonia United Methodist Ch, and Immaculate Heart of Mary Ch.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,704, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,789, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,967, which is in the top 58% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.91%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16137 has a sparse population density of 119.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.44%.