Senior Living in 16140 (New Bedford, PA)
- 16140 scores the same as the New Bedford, PA average of 91.
- 16140 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16140 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Bhc Belmont Pines Hospital, St Elizabeth Health Center, and Northside Medical Center.
- There are 51 senior living facilities in the area, including Danridges Burgundi Manor, Maplecrest Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Care, and Windsor House at Liberty Health Care Center.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 81 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 70 golf courses nearby, including Clingan\'s Tanglewood Golf Course, Rolling Hills Golf Course, and Steffens Bedford Trails Public Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Bob Cene Park, Youngstown Park & Recreation, and Chestnut Ridge Park.
- There are 79 churches nearby, including Fitch Owen D, Our Lady of the Holy Rosary, and St Rose of Lima Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.36% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.37% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,553, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $66,750, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,997, which is in the top 76% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 20% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 16140 has an average population density of 715.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.00%.