Senior Living in 16141 (New Galilee, PA)
- 16141 scores the same as the New Galilee, PA average of 90.
- 16141 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16141 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Ellwood City Hospital, St Francis Hosp Of New Castle, and Heritage Valley Beaver.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including Katera\'s Kove Personal Care & Secured Dementia Community, Elmcroft of Chippewa, and Trinity Oaks Care Center.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 49 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 120 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 105 golf courses nearby, including Del-Mar Golf Course, Stonecrest Golf Course, and Olde Stonewall Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Crawford\'s Camping Park, Boy Scouts Camp Baker, and Cascade Park.
- There are 55 churches nearby, including Queen of Heaven Roman Catholic, First United Presbyterian Chr, and St Rose Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,767, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,500, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,303, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.68%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16141 has a very sparse population density of 88.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.06%.