Senior Living in 16142 (New Wilmington, PA)
- 16142 scores the same as the New Wilmington, PA average of 76.
- 16142 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16142 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Jameson Memorial Hospital).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Shenango Presbyterian Seniorcare, Overlook Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Jameson Care Center.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 70 golf courses nearby, including Par 3 Course at Borland Golf Center, Castle Hills Golf Course, and New Castle Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Rocky Springs Camp Ground, RV Village Camping Resort, and Plantation Park.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Meyer Kenneth M, Austin Patricia D, and Lyons John W.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,201, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,811, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,926, which is in the top 76% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.30%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16142 has a sparse population density of 168.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.35%.