Senior Living in 16146 (Sharon, PA)
- 16146 scores the same as the Sharon, PA average of 70.
- 16146 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16146 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Sharon Regional Health System).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Sharon Regional Health System , Nugent\'s, and Crosby\'s Boarding Home.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 69 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Buhl Farm Golf Course & Driving Range, Sharon Country Club, and Tam O\'Shanter Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Buhl Park, Avenue of 444 Flags Foundation, and Chestnut Ridge Park.
- There are 56 churches nearby, including East Side Church Baptist, First Baptist Church, and Sacred Heart Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $42,901, which is in the top 86% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,766, which is in the top 86% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,372, which is in the top 79% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.50%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16146 has a dense population density of 3,674.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.03%.