Senior Living in 16148 (Hermitage, PA)
- 16148 scores the same as the Hermitage, PA average of 78.
- 16148 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16148 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Sharon Regional Health System and Edgewood Surgical Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Hospitality Care Center of Her, Saint John Xxiii Home, and Garden Way Place .
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Tam O\'Shanter Golf Course, Hickory VFW Golf Course, and Buhl Farm Golf Course & Driving Range.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Avenue of 444 Flags Foundation, Buhl Park, and Rocky Springs Camp Ground.
- There are 49 churches nearby, including Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Central Christian Church, and Notre Dame Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,297, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,669, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,001, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.11%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16148 has an average population density of 528.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.30%.