Senior Living in 16154 (Transfer, PA)
- 16154 scores the same as the Transfer, PA average of 86.
- 16154 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16154 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Edgewood Surgical Hospital, Upmc Horizon, and Sharon Regional Health System.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Hospitality Care Center of Her, Nugent\'s Continuing Care Retirement Community, and Garden Way Place .
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 89 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 63 golf courses nearby, including Birchwood Golf Course, Pine Hill Golf Course, and Greenville Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Shenango Valley RV Park, Buhl Park, and Avenue of 444 Flags Foundation.
- There are 76 churches nearby, including General Council Christian Chr, Zion\'s United Church of Christ, and Clark Trinity United Methodist.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,056, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,393, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,394, which is in the top 56% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.83%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16154 has a very sparse population density of 95.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.88%.