Senior Living in 16157 (Wampum, PA)
- 16157 scores the same as the Wampum, PA average of 84.
- 16157 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16157 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Ellwood City Hospital and St Francis Hosp Of New Castle).
- There are 33 senior living facilities in the area, including Katera\'s Kove Personal Care & Secured Dementia Community, Avalon Nursing Center, and Trinity Oaks Care Center.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 81 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 84 golf courses nearby, including Del-Mar Golf Course, Stonecrest Golf Course, and Olde Stonewall Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Cascade Park, Crawford\'s Camping Park, and Cheeseman Farm.
- There are 38 churches nearby, including Queen of Heaven Roman Catholic, Allegheny Wesleyan Methodist, and First Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,436, which is in the top 75% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,288, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,513, which is in the top 73% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.38%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16157 has a sparse population density of 138.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.05%.