Senior Living in 16159 (West Middlesex, PA)
- 16159 scores the same as the West Middlesex, PA average of 88.
- 16159 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16159 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Sharon Regional Health System, Bhc Belmont Pines Hospital, and Jameson Memorial Hospital.
- There are 44 senior living facilities in the area, including Saint John Xxiii Home, Whispering Oaks, and Crosby\'s Boarding Home.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 132 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 75 golf courses nearby, including Oak Tree Country Club, Clingan\'s Tanglewood Golf Course, and Rolling Hills Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Avenue of 444 Flags Foundation, Buhl Park, and Chestnut Ridge Park.
- There are 88 churches nearby, including Church of the Good Shepherd, Presbyterian Church, and West Middlesex Umc.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,082, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,853, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,323, which is in the top 50% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.27%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16159 has a sparse population density of 172.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.84%.