Senior Living in 16161 (Wheatland, PA)
- 16161 scores the same as the Wheatland, PA average of 84.
- 16161 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16161 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Sharon Regional Health System and Bhc Belmont Pines Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Crosby\'s Boarding Home, Orange Village Care Center, and Sharon Regional Health System .
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 98 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Sharon Country Club, Buhl Farm Golf Course & Driving Range, and Oak Tree Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Avenue of 444 Flags Foundation, Buhl Park, and Chestnut Ridge Park.
- There are 66 churches nearby, including Wheatland-Farrell United Meth, St Adalbert Rectory, and Our Lady of Fatima Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $34,405, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $24,844, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,267, which is in the top 88% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.48%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16161 has an average population density of 736.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.47%.