Senior Living in 16217 (Cooksburg, PA)
- 16217 scores the same as the Cooksburg, PA average of 73.
- 16217 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16217 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Clarion Hospital and Clarion Psychiatric Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Windsor House at Snyder Memorial Health Care Center, Liberty Towers, and Dr Arthur Clifton Mckinley Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (51% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Clarion Oaks Golf Club, Hunter\'s Station Golf Course, and Iron & Woods Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Cook Forest State Park, Shiloh Resort, and Deer Meadow Campground.
- There is 1 church nearby (Lynch Robert T)..
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.08% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $35,638, which is in the top 95% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $33,281, which is in the top 85% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,432, which is in the top 91% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 37.70%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 16217 has a very sparse population density of 17.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.53%.