Senior Living in 16229 (Freeport, PA)
- 16229 scores the same as the Freeport, PA average of 82.
- 16229 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16229 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Alle Kiski Medical Center).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including Fair Winds Manor, Geidel Personal Care Home, and Ross Memory Meadows.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 37 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Cabin Greens Golf Course, Birdsfoot Golf Club, and Buffalo Valley Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Todd Nature Reserve, Harrison Hills Park, and Mountain Top Campground.
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Allegheny Presbyterian Church, Zion United Methodist Church, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.35% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,656, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,116, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,604, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.36%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16229 has a sparse population density of 200.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.60%.