Senior Living in 16232 (Knox, PA)
- 16232 scores the same as the Knox, PA average of 75.
- 16232 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16232 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Upmc Northwest, Clarion Hospital, and Clarion Psychiatric Center.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Highland Oaks, Golden LivingCenter - Shippenville, and Liberty Towers.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Eighteen Course at Hi-Level Golf Course, Clarion Oaks Golf Club, and Foxburg Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Colwell\'s Campground, Rustic Acres RV Resort and Campground, and Clarion County Park.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Clarion Church of Nazarene and Kennerdale Church of God).
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.20% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,254, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,114, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,219, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.21%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16232 has a very sparse population density of 75.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.30%.