Senior Living in 16236 (Mc Grann, PA)
- 16236 scores the same as the Mc Grann, PA average of 75.
- 16236 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16236 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Acmh Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including C L Manor, Armstrong County Health Center, and Melody Manor Personal Care Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Lenape Heights Golf Course, Twin Lake Par 3 Golf Course, and Kittanning Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including St Michael\'s Lutheran Church, Free Methodist Church, and Kittanning Church of God.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.35% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $42,525, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,188, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,308, which is in the top 91% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 27.23%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16236 has a dense population density of 3,969.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.