Senior Living in 16240 (Mayport, PA)
- 16240 scores the same as the Mayport, PA average of 65.
- 16240 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16240 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Edgewood Heights, Dr Arthur Clifton Mckinley Center, and Jefferson Manor Health Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Bostonia Country Club, Pinecrest Country Club, and Iron & Woods Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Redbank Valley Municipal Park and Penn Wood Airstream Park).
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Summerville Church of Christ, Oakdale Church of Brethren, and First Church of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.35% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,118, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,875, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,301, which is in the top 50% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.39%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16240 has a very sparse population density of 28.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.77%.