Senior Living in 16248 (Rimersburg, PA)
- 16248 scores the same as the Rimersburg, PA average of 66.
- 16248 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16248 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Clarview Nursing and Rehab Cen, Allegheny Hills Retirment Residence, and Edgewood Heights.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Bostonia Country Club, Foxburg Country Club, and St. Jude Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Brady\'s Bend, Bear Ridge Camp Ground, and Penn Wood Airstream Park.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Oakdale Church of Brethren, First Church of God, and Karns City United Methodist.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.20% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,795, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,531, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,198, which is in the top 80% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.31%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16248 has a very sparse population density of 60.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.78%.