Senior Living in 16259 (Templeton, PA)
- 16259 scores the same as the Templeton, PA average of 75.
- 16259 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16259 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Acmh Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Country Care, Edgewood Heights, and Melody Manor Personal Care Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Bostonia Country Club, Twin Lake Par 3 Golf Course, and Kittanning Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Bear Ridge Camp Ground, Brady\'s Bend, and Redbank Valley Municipal Park.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Oakdale Church of Brethren, First Church of God, and Free Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.35% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,988, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,063, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,163, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.96%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16259 has a very sparse population density of 41.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.04%.