Senior Living in 16262 (Worthington, PA)
- 16262 scores the same as the Worthington, PA average of 80.
- 16262 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16262 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Acmh Hospital).
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including Sugar Creek Rest, Meadow Lake Manor-Sugar Creek, and Geidel Personal Care Home.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 59 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including St. Jude Golf Club, Buffalo Valley Country Club, and Birdsfoot Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Todd Nature Reserve and Brady\'s Bend).
- There are 31 churches nearby, including St John\'s Catholic Church, St Joseph Roman Catholic Chr, and St Luke\'s Lutheran School.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.35% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,483, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,110, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,973, which is in the top 58% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.37%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 16262 has a very sparse population density of 86.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.30%.