Senior Living in 16317 (Cooperstown, PA)
- 16317 scores the same as the Cooperstown, PA average of 75.
- 16317 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16317 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Northwest Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Sugar Creek Station , The Caring Place, and Golden Livingcenter-Oil City.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Speer\'s Public Golf Course, Sleepy Hollow Golf Course, and Mt. Hope Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Two Mile Run County Park, Erie National Wildlife Refuge, and Playland Leisure Park & Family.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Abundant Life Fellowship, Community Church of God, and First Church of God.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.76% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,475, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,136, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,584, which is in the top 67% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.74%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16317 has a very sparse population density of 48.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.19%.