Senior Living in 16343 (Reno, PA)
- 16343 scores the same as the Reno, PA average of 81.
- 16343 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16343 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Northwest Medical Center and Upmc Northwest).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Oakwood Heights, UPMC Northwest Transitional Care Unit, and The Caring Place.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Wanango Country Club, Speer\'s Public Golf Course, and Sleepy Hollow Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Two Mile Run County Park and Oil Creek State Park).
- There are 6 churches nearby, including First Church of God, First Church of God, and Community Church of God.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.76% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $34,547, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $28,400, which is in the top 93% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,535, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16343 has a very sparse population density of 94.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.98%.