Senior Living in 16401 (Albion, PA)
- 16401 scores the same as the Albion, PA average of 62.
- 16401 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16401 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (University Hospitals Conneaut Medical Center).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Pleasant Ridge Manor , Battles Village, and Rolling Fields.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Elk Valley Golf & Recreation, Over Lake Golf Course, and Conneaut Shores Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Pine Lane Campground, Virginia’s Beach Lakefront Cottages & Camping, and Erie Bluffs State Park.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Albion Assembly of God Church, Grace United Methodist Church, and United Church of Springboro.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,501, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,387, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,776, which is in the top 90% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.83%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16401 has a sparse population density of 115.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.12%.