Senior Living in 16412 (Edinboro, PA)
- 16412 has a SeniorScore® of 66, which is the highest of any zip code in Edinboro, PA.
- 16412 scores higher than the Edinboro, PA average of 63.
- 16412 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16412 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Edinboro Manor, Battles Village, and Pleasant Ridge Manor .
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Pleasure Golf Course, Culbertson Hills Golf Resort, and Country Meadows Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Goodell Gardens & Homestead, Folly\'s End Campground, and Erie KOA.
- There are 16 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Lake Newman Ctr, First Lutheran Church, and St Philip Parish.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,718, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,742, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,649, which is in the top 43% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.38%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16412 has a sparse population density of 130.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 93.06%.