Senior Living in 16417 (Girard, PA)
- 16417 scores the same as the Girard, PA average of 72.
- 16417 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16417 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Pleasant Ridge Manor , Battles Village, and Fairview Manor.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Elk Valley Golf & Recreation, Over Lake Golf Course, and Beachwood Country Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Folly\'s End Campground, Uncle John\'s Elk Creek Campground, and Pine Lane Campground.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including St John\'s Banquet & Cnfrnc, Girard Alliance Church, and St John\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,026, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,917, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,980, which is in the top 32% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.96%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16417 has a sparse population density of 179.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.43%.