Senior Living in 16421 (Harborcreek, PA)
- 16421 scores the same as the Harborcreek, PA average of 81.
- 16421 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16421 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Erie Va Medical Center, Healthsouth Lake Erie Inst, and Hamot Medical Center.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including Brevillier Village, Manorcare Health Services - Erie, and Heritage House.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 136 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Downing Municipal Golf Course, Lawrence Park Golf Club, and Gospel Hill Golf & Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Lampe Campground, TimberMist Bed & Breakfast, and Liberty Park.
- There are 78 churches nearby, including South Harborcreek United Meth, Our Lady of Mercy Church, and St Mark Evangelist Roman Cath.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,930, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,711, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,093, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.84%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16421 has a sparse population density of 237.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.78%.