Senior Living in 16422 (Harmonsburg, PA)
- 16422 scores the same as the Harmonsburg, PA average of 82.
- 16422 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16422 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Meadville Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Rolling Fields, Juniper Village Senior Living at Meadville, and Wesbury an Active Community.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Oakland Beach Golf Club, Park Golf Course, and Oakland Beach Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Cornerstone Church of God, Abundant Life Fellowship, and Abundant Life Fellowship.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.46% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,581, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,595, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,343, which is in the top 50% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.21%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 16422 has a sparse population density of 291.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.77%.