Senior Living in 16423 (Lake City, PA)
- 16423 scores the same as the Lake City, PA average of 66.
- 16423 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16423 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Battles Village, Pleasant Ridge Manor , and Fairview Manor.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Elk Valley Golf & Recreation, Over Lake Golf Course, and Beachwood Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Uncle John\'s Elk Creek Campground, Erie Bluffs State Park, and Pine Lane Campground.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including United Methodist Church, St John\'s Banquet & Cnfrnc, and Sts Cyril & Methodius Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,262, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,451, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,758, which is in the top 72% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.65%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16423 has a sparse population density of 470.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.14%.