Senior Living in 16426 (Mc Kean, PA)
- 16426 scores the same as the Mc Kean, PA average of 87.
- 16426 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16426 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Millcreek Community Hospital and Shriners Hosps For Children).
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including ForestView Health Care Center, Niagara Village, and Golden LivingCenter - Walnut Creek.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 130 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Brabender\'s South Woods Golf Course, Beachwood Country Club, and Kahkwa Club.
- There are 12 parks nearby, including Erie KOA, Presque Isle Passage RV Park & Cabin Rentals, and Folly\'s End Campground.
- There are 64 churches nearby, including St Francis Xavier Catholic Chr, Mc Kean United Methodist Chr, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,319, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,428, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,064, which is in the top 28% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.70%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16426 has a sparse population density of 137.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.75%.