Senior Living in 16427 (Mill Village, PA)
- 16427 scores the same as the Mill Village, PA average of 72.
- 16427 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16427 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Union City Memorial Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Edinboro Manor).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Mound Grove Golf & Recreation, Highlander Golf Course, and Fox Run Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Sparrow Pond Family Campground and Goodell Gardens & Homestead).
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Waterford Chr of Nazarene, All Saints Parish, and Asbury Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $43,118, which is in the top 86% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,375, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,137, which is in the top 80% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.45%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16427 has an average population density of 745.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.93%.