Senior Living in 16438 (Union City, PA)
- 16438 scores the same as the Union City, PA average of 68.
- 16438 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16438 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Union City Memorial Hospital and Corry Memorial Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Corry Manor and Edinboro Manor)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Union City Country Club, Fox Run Golf Course, and Mound Grove Golf & Recreation.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Sparrow Pond Family Campground, TimberMist Bed & Breakfast, and Harecreek Campground.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Christian & Missionary Allnc, St Teresa\'s Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,491, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,500, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,713, which is in the top 72% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.52%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16438 has a very sparse population density of 78.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.09%.