Senior Living in 16440 (Venango, PA)
- 16440 scores the same as the Venango, PA average of 81.
- 16440 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16440 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Meadville Medical Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Crawford County Care Center, Edinboro Manor, and Park Avenue Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Country Meadows Golf Course, Venango Valley Inn & Golf Course, and Country Club, The.
- There is 1 park nearby (Goodell Gardens & Homestead)..
- There are 10 churches nearby, including St Philip Parish, First Lutheran Church, and Edinboro United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.46% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.65% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,541, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,964, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,308, which is in the top 50% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.75%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16440 has a very sparse population density of 81.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 93.07%.