Senior Living in 16441 (Waterford, PA)
- 16441 scores the same as the Waterford, PA average of 81.
- 16441 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16441 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Millcreek Community Hospital, Union City Memorial Hospital, and Erie Va Medical Center.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Edinboro Manor, Abington Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and ForestView Health Care Center.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 116 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Mound Grove Golf & Recreation, Highlander Golf Course, and Fox Run Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Sparrow Pond Family Campground, TimberMist Bed & Breakfast, and Goodell Gardens & Homestead.
- There are 57 churches nearby, including Asbury Methodist Church, All Saints Parish, and Waterford Chr of Nazarene.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,931, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,423, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,216, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.91%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16441 has a very sparse population density of 90.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.88%.