Senior Living in 16443 (West Springfield, PA)
- 16443 scores the same as the West Springfield, PA average of 68.
- 16443 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16443 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (University Hospitals Conneaut Medical Center).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Lake Pointe, Pleasant Ridge Manor , and Battles Village.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Village Green Golf Course, Windy Hill Golf Course, and Conneaut Shores Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Virginia’s Beach Lakefront Cottages & Camping, Pine Lane Campground, and Erie Bluffs State Park.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Albion Assembly of God Church, Grace United Methodist Church, and South Ridge Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,434, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,902, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,221, which is in the top 85% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.95%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16443 has a sparse population density of 126.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.91%.