Senior Living in 16501 (Erie, PA)
- 16501 has a SeniorScore® of 80, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Erie, PA.
- 16501 scores higher than the Erie, PA average of 73.
- 16501 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16501 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Metro Health Center, Saint Vincent Health Center, and Hamot Medical Center.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Friendship Towers, Pennsylvania Soldiers\' and Sailors\' Home, and The Village at Luther Square.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 169 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (42% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Joseph C. Martin Golf Course, Lake Shore Country Club, and Lake Pleasant Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Liberty Park, Lake Erie Arboretum At Frontier Park, and Lampe Campground.
- There are 71 churches nearby, including St Peter Cathedral, St Stanislaus, and Cathedral of St Paul Episcopal.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $16,455, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $11,847, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $13,077, which is in the top 96% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.76%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16501 has a dense population density of 2,979.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.42%.