Senior Living in 16503 (Erie, PA)
- 16503 has a SeniorScore® of 61, which is the 13th highest of any zip code in Erie, PA.
- 16503 scores significantly lower than the Erie, PA average of 73.
- 16503 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16503 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Saint Vincent Health Center, Healthsouth Lake Erie Inst, and Metro Health Center.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including St Mary\'s Home of Erie, Saint Mary\'s East, and Pennsylvania Soldiers\' and Sailors\' Home.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 99 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Joseph C. Martin Golf Course, Lake Pleasant Golf Course, and Orchard Ponds Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Lampe Campground, Liberty Park, and Lake Erie Arboretum At Frontier Park.
- There are 46 churches nearby, including Holy Trinity Catholic Church, Bethany Evangelical Lutheran, and Morning Star Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $29,954, which is in the top 98% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $22,649, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $11,709, which is in the top 97% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.56%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16503 has a dense population density of 6,874.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 71.47%.