Senior Living in 16509 (Erie, PA)
- 16509 has a SeniorScore® of 81, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Erie, PA.
- 16509 scores significantly higher than the Erie, PA average of 73.
- 16509 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16509 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Millcreek Community Hospital, Erie Va Medical Center, and Saint Vincent Health Center.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Abington Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Independence Court of Erie, and Michael Murphy Home-Ret Pries.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 183 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Orchard Ponds Golf Club, Lake Pleasant Golf Course, and Joseph C. Martin Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Sparrow Pond Family Campground, Lake Erie Arboretum At Frontier Park, and Liberty Park.
- There are 85 churches nearby, including St Boniface Church, St George Church, and St Matthew Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,075, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,851, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,620, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.12%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16509 has an average population density of 703.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.47%.