Senior Living in 16511 (Erie, PA)
- 16511 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the 7th highest of any zip code in Erie, PA.
- 16511 scores lower than the Erie, PA average of 73.
- 16511 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16511 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Erie Va Medical Center, Healthsouth Lake Erie Inst, and Hamot Medical Center.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Brevillier Village, Manorcare Health Services - Erie, and Pennsylvania Soldiers\' and Sailors\' Home.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 75 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Downing Municipal Golf Course, Lawrence Park Golf Club, and Gospel Hill Golf & Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Lampe Campground)..
- There are 41 churches nearby, including Mount Calvary Catholic Church, St Mark Evangelist Roman Cath, and Christ-Redeemer Lutheran Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,258, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,750, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,478, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.52%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16511 has a dense population density of 1,518.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.84%.